Location: Cairns, Queensland
- NRA Environmental Consultants is an independent privately-owned Australian company, established in 1984.
- We have a reputation for providing high quality environmental services to a wide range of clients in the public and private sectors.
- We have offices in Cairns and Townsville.
About the opportunity
NRA seeks an Editor with no less than three years’ relevant experience. The Editor:
- is responsible for all aspects of report production, including editing (copyediting and substantive), proofreading, design and layout, and hardcopy production
- maintains house style
- implements and updates NRA’s quality assurance (QA) processes
- produces and maintains marketing materials
- provides editorial advice and assistance to colleagues
- contributes to continuously improving NRA professional services by incorporating or adapting emerging techniques and tools.
Your qualifications and experience
Candidates should possess the intellectual skills, technical proficiency and wisdom necessary to make a positive contribution to the NRA team.
- A bachelor degree in a relevant subject.
- Three years of post-graduate experience in a similar role.
- Experience editing scientific reports and using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and different referencing styles.
- Excellent digital file management.
- Excellent English, grammar and communication skills.
- Passion for producing high quality deliverables and assisting others to do the same.
- Sound understanding of QA/QC and commitment to following NRA’s Health, Safety and Environment procedures.
- Experience implementing QA procedures and training others to follow these procedures.
- Experience using website CMS is desirable.
- Ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be self-motivated and have sound problem solving skills and the ability to quickly identify key issues and develop practical solutions.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work as part of a highly-motivated team of technical specialists, where professional development, innovation and knowledge and skill sharing are encouraged.
- The opportunity to live in a tropical environment and take advantage of the relaxed lifestyle it offers.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and career in a friendly and professional environment.
- We provide opportunities for continued professional development.
- We support and encourage membership and positive engagement in professional and community organisations.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
A position description can be obtained here. Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter and CV, to .
Candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia.
The closing date for applications is Monday 30 September 2019.