Dr Martin Saker
Senior Environmental Scientist
Martin is a Senior Environmental Scientist with over 22 years’ experience in the toxicology, chemistry and ecology of freshwater lakes and rivers in Australia, Europe and the Middle East.
Martin’s project experience includes:
- development of environmental management plans
- planning and implementation of environmental monitoring plans
- design and implementation of receiving environment monitoring programs (REMPs).
Martin routinely conducts field sampling of water, sediment and aquatic biota, and he is AUSRIVAS-accredited for the collection and identification of aquatic organisms. Martin has also conducted a range of ecotoxicological studies related to bioaccumulation and ecological effects of cyanobacterial toxins on aquatic organisms.
Prior to joining NRA, Martin worked as:
- a consultant specialising in lake remediation, water quality monitoring and algae identification
- a limnologist in the property development sector
- a water specialist for an environmental consulting company
- a research scientist in the fields of water quality, cyanobacterial taxonomic identification, genetics, toxicology and physical/chemical water quality.