Location: Cairns, Queensland
- NRA Environmental Consultants is an independent privately-owned Australian company, established in 1984.
- We have a reputation for providing high quality environmental services to a wide range of clients in both the public and private sectors.
- We have offices in Cairns and Townsville.
About the opportunity
- NRA seeks an Environmental Scientist with appropriate qualifications and experience.
- Work as part of a highly-motivated team of technical specialists, where professional development, innovation and knowledge, and skill-sharing are encouraged.
- Contribute to our multidisciplinary team of specialist scientists by problem solving and providing advice to our clients on environmental management matters.
- You have appropriate tertiary qualifications and relevant experience in applied studies, problem solving, technical report writing and communication.
- You are a highly driven individual that possesses analytical and problem solving, communication, and time management skills.
- You will contribute to all aspects of project delivery, including proposal preparation, budget control, client liaison, project management, field work and reporting.
- You will provide technical advice and assistance to colleagues in other disciplines.
- You will contribute to continuously improving NRA’s services by incorporating or adapting emerging techniques and tools.
Your qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science with a major in a relevant subject.
- No less than 3 years of relevant post-university experience.
- The right to permanently live and work in Australia.
- The intellectual skills, technical proficiency and wisdom necessary to make a positive contribution to the NRA team.
- Self-motivated with sound problem-solving skills and the ability to identify key issues and develop practical solutions.
- A sound understanding of environmental chemistry.
- Effective written communication and analytical skills; experience writing technical reports.
- Ability to manage and interpret large and complex datasets and to consolidate or present data in formats that is accessible to a wide range of end users.
- Current class C driver licence (manual).
- Relevant professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience servicing the private sector, conducting or contributing to statutory environmental investigations or evaluations, and negotiating licence conditions.
- Experience liaising with regulatory agencies.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Experience delivering and managing data for complex projects using multiple datasets.
What we offer
- Opportunity to live in a tropical environment and take advantage of the relaxed lifestyle it offers.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and career in a friendly and professional environment where you will have your own office.
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
- We encourage membership and engagement in professional and community organisations.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience.
- An attractive relocation package to Cairns.
A position description can be obtained here. Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter and CV, to
The closing date for applications is 28 August 2020.